REACH recognized child care facilities understand that health and learning go hand-in-hand. They do the best they can to set children up for success. REACH is based on the evidence-based practices of Go NAPSACC. Recognized ECE programs show how they meet key practices in the areas where they excel. Click each recognition below for more information on the key practices in each area and how to apply.
ECE facility recognition in breastfeeding support is offered through the NC Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Child & Family Wellbeing.
Basic Application Instructions
Review the presentation slides and recording of the webinar we did on applying for the Child Nutrition, Farm to ECE, and Oral Health recognitions and the presentation and recording on applying for the Physical Activity, Outdoor Play & Learning, and Screen Time recognitions.
- Make sure the facility is eligible for the recognition.
- REACH recognized facilities/programs must be licensed and located in North Carolina.
- Facilities/programs must have achieved a score of “Leading the Way” on their latest Go NAPSACC self-assessment in the module in which they wish to be recognized. This score must be from the past year. Check out our Go NAPSACC FAQ’s to learn how to find your score.
- Gather required information and documentation. Along with providing basic information about the ECE facility, you will show how the facility is meeting key Go NAPSACC evidence-based practices by submitting documentation like schedules, photos, menus, stories, and family engagement materials. Details about required documentation can be found by clicking the recognition areas above.
- Complete the online application. In the online application, you will provide basic information about the ECE and upload documentation. Either a representative from an ECE program or their TA partner may complete this application. The application also collects the information and photo that recognized facilities share in their program profile on our website. Applications are due by Feb 24, 2023 for March recognition, by April 15, 2023 for May recognition, or by June 15, 2023 for July recognition.
Recognized facilities receive a profile on our website as well as a yard sign, certificate, and graphics and draft language to include in social media posts or family newsletters. REACH shares facilities’ success through social media and will work with TA Consultants to look for local opportunities to celebrate recognized facilities.
Thanks to the partners and reviewers that have made REACH possible.
Thanks to our ECE advisory committee, our TA advisory committee, the NC IHOPE advisory committee, and partners at the the NC Partnership for Children, the NC Child Care Health & Safety Resource Center, NC Child and Adult Care Food Program, NC Division of Child Development and Early Education, and the NC Rated License Assessment Project for their guidance along the way. Thanks to funding and support from Wake County Smart Start, the NC Farm to ECE Initiative, the NC Farm to Preschool Network, and the Division of Public Health within the NC Department of Health & Human Services.